Vissla North Seas Wetsuit 5/4 hooded full suit
Review by: Gerome
Wetsuit Materials: I-Foam Premium limestone based neoprene, upcycled nylon exterior, solvent free lamination
What we like: Very warm, super comfortable and easy to get in and out of
What we don’t: Not a whole lot
What does Vissla say?:
“An ode to the cold water surfer. With advanced materials and features, the North Seas is a technical series of wetsuits designed and constructed for the coldest of surfing climates.
While using the same premium and eco-friendly materials as the High Seas wetsuit, the North Seas wetsuit is made with additional features that provide a whole new level of warmth and durability.”
Warmth & Stretch:
• I-Foam Premium- the lightest weight, warmest & stretchiest Japanese limestone based neoprene available; significantly less weight, enhanced flexibility and superior comfort.
• Full body thermal and hollow fiber Brain Fuzz lining insulates heat and dries fast
• Upcycled Nylon XTEND exterior fabric: Eco-friendly, lighter, flexible, anti-fade stretch jersey made by Bluesign approved mills.
• Dope Dyed Fabric- A softer, eco-friendly, anti-fade made by Bluesign approved mills.
• AquaA eco-friendly water-based lamination is completely solvent free with no harmful chemicals.
• New improved fit for better range of motion – anatomically engineered body lines with minimal seams for unrestricted performance and warmth
Durable & Water-tight:
• PK S-LOCK Water Tight Zipper – Chest-zip entry with Cris-X panels for easy entry and minimal bulk with a perfect fit
• Power Seam is an advanced, flexible, waterproofing sealant used on the outside of the seams for added durability and warmth
• Vissla’s super stretch Neo 2.0 tape allows for maximum seam sealing while having unrestricted stretch and comfort.
• Smoothy Panels – Repels wind + water
• Tripled glued seams
• Glideskin on the neck, seals to skin to prevent flushing
• Knee pad – Supratex abrasion resistant jersey for flexibility and strength
• Liquid taped on the cuffs, seals to prevent flushing
• Easy access secure key cord
What are the key features in your opinion?
V-foam rubber made from limestone. No petroleum products. There is a “Fleece” lining covering nearly every part of the suit, this dries quickly so it’s much more pleasant to put the suit on even if it’s a bit wet. Taped and glued seams means no leaks whatsoever.
How Warm is It?
Comfort / Flexibility and sizing?
MT fits like a glove for me at 189cm and 78kg.
VISSLA NORTH SEAS WETSUIT SIZE CHART
What do you think of its construction quality?
Quality is very good and I have no real complaints. The only small gripes I could make are that the smooth material on the inside of the arm cuff does seem to rip easily if you aren’t careful, also this suit does seem to be more prone to creasing than other suits I’ve owned.
How has it held up over time?
I’ve used it for about a year. Probably 50 days in the water. It’s held up really well and I expect it to last me a few more seasons.
Your thoughts on the price and value of the Vissla North Seas Wetsuit?
I got it on sale for around $350 (CAD) and I think it’s great value at that price.
Final Thoughts and Rating
I would rate this suit as 9/10.